As someone who tries – and frequently fails – to post on WordPress at least once a week, I decided to look at the sites I follow to see how often they publish. How long was it since their most recent post?
The results of this little survey surprised me. Just 13% had posted within the previous 24 hours. The other 87% had posted as follows:
13% in the last week
14% in the last month
36% in the last year
10% in the last two years
14% no information, presumably deleted
Another way to look at this, I suppose, is that 40% are frequent or infrequent bloggers and 60% are no longer active. It seems harsh to unfollow people but I’d like to whittle down the list so that I can concentrate on those who publish fairly regularly.
How does this compare with your experience, I wonder, and how would you deal with the percentile categories above? All comments gratefully received!